This is a resource for all of the weapons developers of the KF community. As I'm sure all content creators are aware, almost everything is a group effort and can't be done alone.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mac-11 WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:01 pm

You are very helpful as usual, nothing to complain, but the 3D modelling itself, or the texturing or render scene, is fine, but rather the important details which must be done in order for it to work properly.

For example, the poly counts, how to separate and classify-organize correctly the moving parts of the weapon so that the game recognizes correctly, how does the game weapon file format works, how to center the weapon in the game view and animate it along the hands, and everything else.

I seen just a little bit of how the KF mutator coding works, and it seemed quite simple, i coded for the game rFactor on the making of custom cars and as long as i had an example, i could figure out without ripping hair of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Trololololololololololo wrote:
You are very helpful as usual, nothing to complain, but the 3D modelling itself, or the texturing or render scene, is fine, but rather the important details which must be done in order for it to work properly.

For example, the poly counts, how to separate and classify-organize correctly the moving parts of the weapon so that the game recognizes correctly, how does the game weapon file format works, how to center the weapon in the game view and animate it along the hands, and everything else.

I seen just a little bit of how the KF mutator coding works, and it seemed quite simple, i coded for the game rFactor on the making of custom cars and as long as i had an example, i could figure out without ripping hair of my head.

I cannot give you a specific poly count limit but i've been told the recommended is not passing the 10k poly's , this weapon has around 5k without the hands, Weapon and other components of the weapon should be exported either as .OJB , .FBX or .ASE , Im not sure on which is better , but John Lee ( The animator ) asked for it to be an .OBJ i believe.

For the game to actually separate the components is pretty simple , as you can see on my latest posts , the Trigger , Bolt and Magazine are missing , this is because only the weapon itself is what will stay still , so , With you're 3D software being Maya , 3DS , Blender or any other , thats where you fit the hands of the player which is called Rigging. After you fit the hands of the player With the non-moving parts (in this case the weapon itself ) , you add the moving parts , and animate it on the 3D software . After all that animation and rigging , you just export it to the game which will read the animations and rigging , and just render it on the final.

The exact process after the Animation/Rigging i dont know , because i dont take care of importing the file to the game, But i assume the view model , such as Offset of the Field of View of the model in the hands and all that are done with coding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Finally someone made a true relevant weapon-making post, and it was the first one, someone please give this guy a trophy.

Thanks, thats a good start, now i have a better idea of how the process works!

And for the people that think everything is so simple and im just annoying, im sorry if im not a full blown nerd like some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Finally someone made a true relevant weapon-making post, and it was the first one, someone please give this guy a trophy.

Thanks, thats a good start, now i have a better idea of how the process works!

And for the people that think everything is so simple and im just annoying, im sorry if im not a full blown nerd like some.

Dont be afraid to ask Wink Im sure 70% of the people here dont know the process. But mostly is done on you're 3D program of choise actually, so in general tutorials can be very helpfull in this situation, Modelling tutorials , Texturing tutorials , Animating etc..

The only thing you dont need to learn is Rendering and lightning since thats made ingame depending on maps etc..

I will ask John Lee or Sorrow wich are animators how to bring the model to the game , i know how to bring it as a static mesh , but i have some curiosity on how to bring it as a weapon as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Thats what im afraid of!

When i went to make custom weapons for Swat4, the few guys, that actually knew how to get it done, were just gone, and the rest of the community where stuck all together on the same stuff, there were not a single full tutorial and it all just went to hell, imho it was very sad i think it was a great game, it was at hot-swat-mods forums, i had the model done with the weapon parts separated and even a small video of the weapon cycling, which is also gone. (well, its actualy in my old HDD but its iDE and i too tired to try to make it work)

It was high poly very detailed weapons, the first one was a Custom combat Lever Action rifle, with red dot sights on picatinny rails, short barrel and other details, this one was really cool everybody loved it when i showed at L4D forum later on as well, which was also a waste of time since only one guy knew how to make custom weapons but he only made his how and kept the know-how secret (he made an alien piece of shit weapon btw) the second one was a Thompson Contender from the movie Hard Target, the third was the 700ne double barrel bolt rifle with a special custom grip stock that was crazy hard to make (for me) and integrated muzzle break, all this work is gone, and i dont want to do it all again without any guaranties that it wont go wasted, again.

pic of the contender http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Hard_Target
other weapons were full custom and there are no pictures.

ps: note the arrow launch rifle that i was going to suggest later on.

Last edited by Trololololololololololo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellervo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

I can cut apart the weapon models to see what the poly counts are. I imagine the M14 EBR and SCAR make up one end of the spectrum (easily pushing 5k tris at the least with all those picatinny rails) with the Pistol or Machete bringing up the rear. I'm using 5k as a guideline for the G36's first person mesh, and 2.5k as a guide for the third-person / world mesh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Thats what im afraid of!

When i went to make custom weapons for Swat4, the few guys, that actually knew how to get it done, were just gone, and the rest of the community where stuck all together on the same stuff, there were not a single full tutorial and it all just went to hell, imho it was very sad i think it was a great game, it was at hot-swat-mods forums, i had the model done with the weapon parts separated and even a small video of the weapon cycling, which is also gone. (well, its actualy in my old HDD but its iDE and i too tired to try to make it work)

It was high poly very detailed weapons, the first one was a Custom combat Lever Action rifle, with red dot sights on picatinny rails, short barrel and other details, this one was really cool everybody loved it when i showed at L4D forum later on as well, which was also a waste of time since only one guy knew how to make custom weapons but he only made his how and kept the know-how secret (he made an alien piece of shit weapon btw) the second one was a Thompson Contender from the movie Hard Target, the third was the 700ne double barrel bolt rifle with a special custom grip stock that was crazy hard to make (for me) and integrated muzzle break, all this work is gone, and i dont want to do it all again without any guaranties that it wont go wasted, again.

pic of the contender http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Hard_Target
other weapons were full custom and there are no pictures.

ps: note the arrow launch rifle that i was going to suggest later on.

Actually this is what is happening to the team , me and others are working on models that will never see the game...as this model is more dead than alive at this moment.

The model ( this ) is finished and textured , but no one has animated it yet , nor rigged , nor codded , everyone's doing they're own business which makes me think about the integrity of the team itself, if we can even call it a team. I know we're not were not workers , and this is a hobby , BUT instead of wasting you're time on random things , waste it on the things you have started.

I dont know when this project will be updated , becasuse i must see the texture in-game to see how it looks and other aspects of the weapon itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Or... how about just send the model to TWI, and ask them to animation, if they agree, you saved yourself some work, and they have a official weapon too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 pm

EricFong wrote:
Or... how about just send the model to TWI, and ask them to animation, if they agree, you saved yourself some work, and they have a official weapon too.

HAH-HAH-HAH!!! HAH! Ask TWI to do what?!? LOL, they wouldn't send you a message with one letter written in it if their life depended on it. Yeah they are that god damn lazy, and ask them to animate? HAH! Your better off looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! Maybe they aren't as lazy, but everything is RO this and RO that, you hardly ever hear them talk about KF and when they do, it's a blessing. Other than that I can guarantee you 100% they will refuse this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Yep its true, game released + game sold = dont give a damm anymore, but i seen lazier ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 am

NOD wrote:
EricFong wrote:

HAH-HAH-HAH!!! HAH! Ask TWI to do what?!? LOL, they wouldn't send you a message with one letter written in it if their life depended on it. Yeah they are that god damn lazy, and ask them to animate? HAH! Your better off looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! Maybe they aren't as lazy, but everything is RO this and RO that, you hardly ever hear them talk about KF and when they do, it's a blessing. Other than that I can guarantee you 100% they will refuse this.
Well, it just a suggestion, you don't know the result before trying, right?

Oh, btw, they didn't abandon KF yet.
http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/06/17/e3-2010-we-learn-more-from-tripwire-about-red-orchestra-heroes/
Also a Killing Floor 2 is possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:00 am

Yes, TWI is run by enough people to count on one hand and they're working on another game atm. But they're also working on an update for KF as a break from RO2. They are a tiny group making high-quality games. They're not a big corporation like valve where they get 20 people at a time working on updates for one game. Take TF2 for a starter, that game gets update like what, every other day? You can't expect TWI to work anywhere near that speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:58 am

As Yoshiro himself said , only Finished models will be considered for inclusion , this means that only Modeles , Textured , Animated and coded models can make it to official releases, he has seen this weapon and said it was very close to being included in the game , IF the right animations and codings are done, which looks far by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am

ricardo_sousa11 wrote:
As Yoshiro himself said , only Finished models will be considered for inclusion , this means that only Modeles , Textured , Animated and coded models can make it to official releases, he has seen this weapon and said it was very close to being included in the game , IF the right animations and codings are done, which looks far by now.

Yep.. lazy lol.. they'll add any excuse or obstacle just so it doesn't make more work for them, hence like you said, "If the 'RIGHT' animations and codings are done. They will look at this and be like "Well the gun is good but the animations are amateur - *Whisper* Yes! Less work for me to whitelist this! hmhmhmhmh!". I know that's what they are thinking! And like Gibby said, their team is only a handful big. In my opinion this isn't an excuse to have lack of attention for a previous game, it is their responsibility after all, they made a badass game now they gotta look after it! I guess I'm just always tired of hearing about constant RO updates, and to hear about ANYTHING happening to KF is a miracle. RO this RO that RO RO RO RO RO your god damn boat gently down the fckn stream!! AHHHHH!! I mean look at the recent blog on BigDownload that they just posted. A whole damn page about RO:HOS, then this little paragraph about KF at the bottom, it took me a good while to find it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 am

NOD wrote:
ricardo_sousa11 wrote:

Yep.. lazy lol.. they'll add any excuse or obstacle just so it doesn't make more work for them, hence like you said, "If the 'RIGHT' animations and codings are done. They will look at this and be like "Well the gun is good but the animations are amateur - *Whisper* Yes! Less work for me to whitelist this! hmhmhmhmh!". I know that's what they are thinking! And like Gibby said, their team is only a handful big. In my opinion this isn't an excuse to have lack of attention for a previous game, it is their responsibility after all, they made a badass game now they gotta look after it! I guess I'm just always tired of hearing about constant RO updates, and to hear about ANYTHING happening to KF is a miracle. RO this RO that RO RO RO RO RO your god damn boat gently down the fckn stream!! AHHHHH!!

Actually , i think they're Eager to present the 1st Community project , since after they release it , more will come , and less work will come for them. But of course they want the weapons to have great quality so they dont ruin the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:40 am

ricardo_sousa11 wrote:
Actually , i think they're Eager to present the 1st Community project , since after they release it , more will come , and less work will come for them. But of course they want the weapons to have great quality so they dont ruin the game.

Quality, ofcourse. TWI made some awesome animations and good weapon choices. I'm just hoping they look forward into something like "Community Addon Packs" Where we put a group of either weapons, player models, specimens, etc. into a small pack, and send it to TWI to get whitelisted much like the small weapons pack be constructed here atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Hello , one more update to this..

After an extensive search and talk with the animators and the team , and noticing no one wants to clearly do anything , they're too busy with they're own projects and stuff , and its OK , none of my business , I'm Out of the team..no more KFWDT for me , if there was any on the first place.

It is sad to leave after all this project be done , cause before it was done people where "exited" or at least so they seemed, and after its conclusion people don't want to work.

So , I am here to search for someone who wants to do the Animations , along with the coding , so that this piece can be done and official.

I've talked to Yoshiro and he said people who worked on it will be recognized for they're own names and not for the name of a team.

If anyone wants to animate it or talk about the project may add me on Steam , or reply this thread .

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cr0wn3rz

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Offtopic : Also this model will be for sale on TurboSquid and other websites alike , on that version will include 2 texture packs ( this one and another ), with 2 versions Gamer ( with all the weapon attached together , and only the movable parts separate ) and a normal version , more Hi-res with more detail on both sides and more detail on the texture. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm

ricardo_sousa11 wrote:

After an extensive search and talk with the animators and the team , and noticing no one wants to clearly do anything , they're too busy with they're own projects and stuff , and its OK , none of my business , I'm Out of the team..no more KFWDT for me , if there was any on the first place.

It is sad to leave after all this project be done , cause before it was done people where "exited" or at least so they seemed, and after its conclusion people don't want to work.

So , I am here to search for someone who wants to do the Animations , along with the coding , so that this piece can be done and official.

I've talked to Yoshiro and he said people who worked on it will be recognized for they're own names and not for the name of a team.

If anyone wants to animate it or talk about the project may add me on Steam , or reply this thread .

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Offtopic : Also this model will be for sale on TurboSquid and other websites alike , on that version will include 2 texture packs ( this one and another ), with 2 versions Gamer ( with all the weapon attached together , and only the movable parts separate ) and a normal version , more Hi-res with more detail on both sides and more detail on the texture. Smile

Well shit. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:28 pm

ricardo_sousa11 wrote:

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Wow are you serious? kfwdt is like what.. not even a month old and your giving up? I thought I saw potential in your work but its w/e I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm

NOD wrote:

Wow are you serious? kfwdt is like what.. not even a month old and your giving up? I thought I saw potential in your work but its w/e I guess.

Believe me , i was the last one to give up , all the others have already given up a long time ago , but they didnt told anything. It isnt a team , and it will never be if they keep up like this , ask Gibby , thank you for liking my work , if i find the right people it will be released and more will come , if not well...as Trololololo said the same that happened with him , happened with me.

I dont have the will to go after people to force them to make they're part of the project , if they don't want to i just move on.

I hope the team gets it together , and that they progress, but if they dont change it wont happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:08 pm

If only I was able to start Steam D:

I'd be discussing this with the other contributors. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 am

ricardo_sousa11 wrote:
NOD wrote:

Believe me , i was the last one to give up , all the others have already given up a long time ago , but they didnt told anything. It isnt a team , and it will never be if they keep up like this , ask Gibby , thank you for liking my work , if i find the right people it will be released and more will come , if not well...as Trololololo said the same that happened with him , happened with me.

I dont have the will to go after people to force them to make they're part of the project , if they don't want to i just move on.

I hope the team gets it together , and that they progress, but if they dont change it wont happen.

I know what you mean, its hard to find individual people who can model, animate, make custom sounds, rig, and do everything for their own work. In everyones case on kfwdt though, everyone needs everyone else to rely on each other, and if they aren't working together as you say I don't see how ANY of the guns made on this site will make it into kf.. It's sad to see your awesome work fade away elsewhere, I was really looking forward to the uzi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Im leaving as well, im sorry for anything i might have done, good luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:09 am

Im leaving as well, im sorry for anything i might have done, good luck to everyone.

You have nothing to apologize for.

We just got rid of Prodigy, and now things are looking up. Very Happy

KFWDT is thinking of getting a new Forum, Ricardo is considering a second chance, no-one else is leaving. The only person who is leaving is Prodigy.

Also, we're gonna work on THREE weapons before TWI's update. Then we're gonna work on another batch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 am

(MOD)C_Gibby wrote:
You have nothing to apologize for.

We just got rid of Prodigy, and now things are looking up. Very Happy

KFWDT is thinking of getting a new Forum, Ricardo is considering a second chance, no-one else is leaving. The only person who is leaving is Prodigy.

Also, we're gonna work on THREE weapons before TWI's update. Then we're gonna work on another batch. Very Happy

I'm happy to set up a new forum, with a thread not just for beta and final weapons, but one also for 'KFWDT projects', weapons that require special attention and should be top priority, the Mac-11 will be the first on this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   

Back to top Go down

Mac-11 WIP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Killing Floor Weapons Development Team :: Beta Weapons-
Jump to: