This is a resource for all of the weapons developers of the KF community. As I'm sure all content creators are aware, almost everything is a group effort and can't be done alone.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mac-11 WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 pm

One more Post , courtesy of John Lee who has helped already with the animation and stuff , Yes i've seen the model ingame , and looks amazing :p

Here it is the image of the gun in hand.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:11 am

Its essential to exemplify the process to export it to the game, including all the details to make it work in-game, we need at least one sample step by step tutorial here, this community seems very fragile by now and depending on very few people that actually has the skill, i wonder what would happen of we lost a specific tasked member, theres not a single database or tutorial about anything useful around here, i bet it would crash the whole thing over.

Im not talking about 3d modelling all this stuff that you can simply find anywhere, but the correct exporting (packing/unpacking, the correct files and formats and how they function) and parameters to make it work, along with coding, and if you tell me its all on youtube (o rly?) fine than at least start posting the links.

Because i see a bunch of guys doing a lotta stuff, but nothing being documented here, the only thing we see are the 3d models and thats it, i wonder when i make my own models, il simply hand it to some guy somewhere and trust him to do all the rest? What kinda community is that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 am

Trololololololololololo wrote:
Its essential to exemplify the process to export it to the game, including all the details to make it work in-game, we need at least one sample step by step tutorial here, this community seems very fragile by now and depending on very few people that actually has the skill, i wonder what would happen of we lost a specific tasked member, theres not a single database or tutorial about anything useful around here, i bet it would crash the whole thing over.

Im not talking about 3d modelling all this stuff that you can simply find anywhere, but the correct exporting (packing/unpacking, the correct files and formats and how they function) and parameters to make it work, along with coding, and if you tell me its all on youtube (o rly?) fine than at least start posting the links.

Because i see a bunch of guys doing a lotta stuff, but nothing being documented here, the only thing we see are the 3d models and thats it, i wonder when i make my own models, il simply hand it to some guy somewhere and trust him to do all the rest? What kinda community is that.

I understand and Agree , even I dont know how to import the model , thats where John lee has helped, importing and trying the sight etc.. It would be very nice if he did some kind of tutorial for us to start learning a bit from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Here it is the Dart Attachment , it wont be red as it is there of course , just tell what you think Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Very nice! But it needs a trigger or a button??=S
Back to top Go down
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellervo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm

If texturing's still needed, I'd just need the .obj (I use Maya/Photoshop) and I could get right to it, if no one else has already claimed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:27 pm

^^^ LOLOLOLOLOL @ Eric Fong lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Here it is , the definite final version of this weapon .

Improvements

* Iron Sight has been fixed,
* Poly count has dropped from 9k to 7k,
* Smoothed the front of the weapon,
* Remodeled the Healing dart attach as well as added a longer "shooter",
* Finished the magazine for animation purposes,
* Added button for fire Healing Darts animation.

This weapon is now being textured ( me ), animated , boned and coded by John Lee.

Speak you're mind Very Happy

Ps. The renders arent that great nor the editing of the image because it was done on a hurry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Holy shit, superb job, almost looks real too. Can't wait to use this lol, veddy veddy gewd jawb mai frhend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellervo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:48 pm

It is a fantastic job, agreed. Only nit pick would be that, for a gun in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, it is pretty clean. But that's personal preference, and lookin' forward to seeing it animated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice as hell, dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 am

Kellervo wrote:
It is a fantastic job, agreed. Only nit pick would be that, for a gun in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, it is pretty clean. But that's personal preference, and lookin' forward to seeing it animated!

Its not textured yet , those textures are there only for the render Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:56 am

These are the 9mm or .45 colt?

Nevermind a .45 colt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:13 am

EricFong wrote:
These are the 9mm or .45 colt?

Nevermind a .45 colt.

It's a 9m, look at the shell casing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 am

Hello

Here's some updates on the textures, this is still a very early stage , and i dont think it will go much further on the next week cause i have to study -_-.

Texture will be darkened , or the back of the handle will be brightened.

Here it is the texture , please share you're toughs on this so it can get better.

PS. texture done by me.

Last edited by ricardo_sousa11 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Excellent job man, it looks like it was just brought into the fight and quickly beat up. Nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Nice and epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellervo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 pm

Lookin' very good. Will look better once they're darkened a bit, but you're off to a great start on that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 am

People here it is , a FOV test based on the Game's Fov , this may actually be +- what you will see ingame. Honestly i totally think it fits the Killing Floor atmosphere , but you tell me , what do you think ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm

I think it's really, really amazing. Very Happy

Nice one, cyril!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Here it is , as much anticipated from some.

The Final look of the weapon , I will be adjusting some minor details later on.

The weapon is lacking the Trigger , Bolt and Magazine because they're being done separately due to animation.

I've added so much Dirt and Scratches on the gun so it would fit properly the Killing floors atmosphere.

Enjoy it , and share you're toughts , since they will be needed for evaluation of this weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Great work, quality work. It does fits KF atmosphere real well, since its a very 'urban guerrilla' weapon, not your typical army weapon, and that's just what we are looking for, sadly this work could have been documented here instead of just having render pictures, it would be a great example, and serve as tutorial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Trololololololololololo wrote:
Great work, quality work. It does fits KF atmosphere real well, since its a very 'urban guerrilla' weapon, not your typical army weapon, and that's just what we are looking for, sadly this work could have been documented here instead of just having render pictures, it would be a great example, and serve as tutorial.

Till now nothing here has been done with the game engine itself , even myself would like some tutorials on how to import the weapon to the game.

I can cover some technical aspects of this project such as , the whole Weapon was modeled on 3Ds max , Rendering Engine was Vray. All texture was done in Photoshop Cs5 according to the UW done on 3Ds max. The lightning for the render which wont be included on the game model was pretty simple , a White plane of light to the left of the weapon , and a Sphere yellow light to the front with less intensity, i can show the Settings i have on the Vray.

I can Also explain some process if you tell me what you or any other member would like to know , such as anything modelled , textured or even the lightning , please let me know and i will explain exactly how to do it , and with images .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac-11 WIP   

Back to top Go down

Mac-11 WIP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Killing Floor Weapons Development Team :: Beta Weapons-
Jump to: