This is a resource for all of the weapons developers of the KF community. As I'm sure all content creators are aware, almost everything is a group effort and can't be done alone.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

G36c

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kellervo

PostSubject: G36c   Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Finished the world mesh version of the G36c, thought I would post it here now that work has begun proper!

Current triangle count sits at around:

World Mesh - 3000 triangles (2092 + 600 for picatinny, + 16 for low rez bolt + 200 for the mag <- last one likely going to be cut further)

First-Person Mesh - Aiming for 6000 triangles, tops.

In the world model, the grip is left intentionally rather bare, ditto the stock - grip is nearly entirely obscured by the hand in world view, stock is only visible completely when dropped.

Currently the magazine, bolt, and safety are unlinked with the mesh - magazine and bolt for animation purposes, safety because I'm not even sure if I'll include it (it's on the right side on the gun, will be hidden in first person and world).

Any thoughts on the Ironsight? They're naturally going to be smoothed out, but more curious if anyone wanted any rail-mounted sights added in particular.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 pm

I think the iron sight is the key factor here, the Scar already has the helpful red dot sight, and this could almost Scar tier, that is same firepower, slower fire rate, larger magazine (30 shots?) but in drawback it uses iron sights.

It would be an equivalent option to the Scar but for different situations, i think like this because, Scar is already the main weapon from round 3 and up and i don't think adding a less powered weapon would be of much use, and theres nowhere to go after Scar, this would be an equivalent option with different characteristics.

I personally feel very frustrated as Commando in KF, the AK is real bad, those awkward 1940's iron sights, that crazy recoil, total lack of firepower (you expect more of an AK) plus the zero penetration, are the absolute reverse of reality, the Scar is not much better since its full auto mode is useless due to recoil and very short magazine capacity for an auto rifle with such rate of fire, basically what i mean is, i want a reason (be it a new powerful weapon) to stop playing Sharpshooter since its the only self reliable perk in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:40 am

Nice work for the World mesh, when will we see the Fps version ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Trololololololololololo wrote:
I think the iron sight is the key factor here, the Scar already has the helpful red dot sight, and this could almost Scar tier, that is same firepower, slower fire rate, larger magazine (30 shots?) but in drawback it uses iron sights.

It would be an equivalent option to the Scar but for different situations, i think like this because, Scar is already the main weapon from round 3 and up and i don't think adding a less powered weapon would be of much use, and theres nowhere to go after Scar, this would be an equivalent option with different characteristics.

I personally feel very frustrated as Commando in KF, the AK is real bad, those awkward 1940's iron sights, that crazy recoil, total lack of firepower (you expect more of an AK) plus the zero penetration, are the absolute reverse of reality, the Scar is not much better since its full auto mode is useless due to recoil and very short magazine capacity for an auto rifle with such rate of fire, basically what i mean is, i want a reason (be it a new powerful weapon) to stop playing Sharpshooter since its the only self reliable perk in the game.
Dude, the SCAR in KF is SCAR-H(H stand for Heavy), it is using the same ammo of M14, it is a 7.62, and G36C use 5.56, a lot like ammo of bullpup.
SCAR-H-20 shot
SCAR-L-30 shot

About the G36C, it should be more steadier like bullpup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:02 am

I know very well which cartridges they are chambered into, and the weapons classification, and this is not ArmA, which means its not a simulation game in any form, and i did not spoke insinuating such, the only thing i said was common sense, that everybody expect an Ak47 to be fairly powerfull, currently its reverse of that.

The 5,56 nato is not just "a lot like ammo of bullpup", it is the current caliber of both G36c and L22A (sa80), that means if you want to get REAL here make it as powerful as the Bullpup, and so the AK47 would have been as powerful as the Scar-H, also the Scar-H does not uses the same ammo as the M14, the EBR uses 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) ammunition, that is not the 7.62x39mm of both, Scar-H and AK47.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:45 am

I know very well which cartridges they are chambered into, and the weapons classification, and this is not ArmA, which means its not a simulation game in any form, and i did not spoke insinuating such, the only thing i said was common sense, that everybody expect an Ak47 to be fairly powerfull, currently its reverse of that.

The 5,56 nato is not just "a lot like ammo of bullpup", it is the current caliber of both G36c and L22A (sa80), that means if you want to get REAL here make it as powerful as the Bullpup, and so the AK47 would have been as powerful as the Scar-H, also the Scar-H does not uses the same ammo as the M14, the EBR uses 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) ammunition, that is not the 7.62x39mm of both, Scar-H and AK47.
See for yourself.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm - FNscars
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as15-e.htm - M14.

All m14 using 7.62X51mm, no matter it is a EBR or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 am

I did not say at any moment that only the EBR uses that ammo, even thought i seen customs chambered in many different calibers like every proven design. Excuse my mistake about the Scar-H caliber, matter of fact i dont go googling around i had this information from the time it was first shown a few years ago, its possible they changed the caliber after concept for production since its a very new weapon, but none of this change the point of what have said before, at all.

@Kellervo, personally i dont like, neither have interest in these new rifles at all, i trust soviet designs, like the Ak47, of course these new weapons have several improvements, but i dont digg all these plastic made stuff, oldschool FTW, but i guess thats kinda obvious due to my username. But nice work nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ricardo_sousa11

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:42 am

Just noticed , that weapon has too many poly's for world mesh , some can be squeezed , take that detail on the sides , since you can make them with texture, try to squeeze even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EricFong

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 am

I did not say at any moment that only the EBR uses that ammo, even thought i seen customs chambered in many different calibers like every proven design. Excuse my mistake about the Scar-H caliber, matter of fact i dont go googling around i had this information from the time it was first shown a few years ago, its possible they changed the caliber after concept for production since its a very new weapon, but none of this change the point of what have said before, at all.

@Kellervo, personally i dont like, neither have interest in these new rifles at all, i trust soviet designs, like the Ak47, of course these new weapons have several improvements, but i dont digg all these plastic made stuff, oldschool FTW, but i guess thats kinda obvious due to my username. But nice work nonetheless.
Cheer, btw, who is that guy in you avatar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 am

EricFong wrote:

http://trololololololololololo.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:07 am

EricFong wrote:

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Some people need help, I can't believe i actually watched that whole thing Sad it was horrible!! The guy looked like a plastic figurine lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
9_6

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:18 am

That guy has the mother of all fake smiles.

Nice model so far.

You know, I've actually shot with a g36 before.
Those have both, a reflex sight (red dot) as well as a scope.
I know 2 types of sights are not implementable in kf but this thing... This thing has a horrible sight!
Not 1 but 2 rings are in the way.
How about a scope? That would make it stand out from all other commando guns.
You can put a scope on a g36c.

As for power, the ability to aim properly would compensate for the strength of the AK and only 30 shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOD

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:19 am

9_6 wrote:
That guy has the mother of all fake smiles.

Nice model so far.

You know, I've actually shot with a g36 before.
Those have both, a reflex sight (red dot) as well as a scope.
I know 2 types of sights are not implementable in kf but this thing... This thing has a horrible sight!
Not 1 but 2 rings are in the way.
How about a scope? That would make it stand out from all other commando guns.

I've fired a g36c/k myself. Very controlled, I liked it. From what I can tell, the draco ak is the only commando weapon that uses iron sights, I don't see your point on how an optic mount on a g36 would make it stand out from the other assault weapons, as the l22a2 has an eotech and the scar has an aimpoint. I do like the idea of having some sort of optic for it though.

- What about flashlights on guns, does anyone believe in them anymore? lol

Other than that, good job on the gun so far!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellervo

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 am

The G36c (Commando) has the picatinny rail on the top, instead of the scope. The Export and Kurz versions both have reflex sights built into a carrying handle, with the Kurz having the notable 'dual-sight' scope with a reflex sight mounted atop the scope.

Doing some chopping on the world model's polycount, should be much better optimized soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
9_6

PostSubject: Re: G36c   Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:47 am

Kellervo wrote:
The G36c (Commando) has the picatinny rail on the top, instead of the scope. The Export and Kurz versions both have reflex sights built into a carrying handle, with the Kurz having the notable 'dual-sight' scope with a reflex sight mounted atop the scope.
Yeah I know that, you can put a scope on that rail. That's what it's there for.
That was a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G36c   

Back to top Go down

G36c
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Killing Floor Weapons Development Team :: Beta Weapons-
Jump to: