This is a resource for all of the weapons developers of the KF community. As I'm sure all content creators are aware, almost everything is a group effort and can't be done alone.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

SPAS-12 shotgun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: SPAS-12 shotgun   Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Franchi SPAS-12, Pump-action variant. Italian number. Just like the Benelli M3 pump-action that we already have in KF.

Kikkho (A fellow member of my game group and the guy who posted earlier) originally proposed this idea. He's not very condfident in his English, so asked me to post for him instead.

Right, basic idea: This shotgun has the same damage and ammo capacity the regular shotgun has. The current pump-action has a tighter spread and is more accurate. The SPAS-12 is going to have a rather wide spread, made to cause SMALL damage to a LARGE group of ZEDs. while the Benelli M3 is made to deliver LARGE damage to a SMALL group of ZEDs. (I used Caps because what I've stated is pretty much the center of the whole idea.)

I'd like to discuss this with all 14 members of KFWDT (except meow meow Mad )

THOUGHTS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mamoo

PostSubject: Re: SPAS-12 shotgun   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 pm

It's a good idea, I definitely like the notion of adding more lower tier weapons to the game to vary a player's choice, if we pull this off we could see a much wider variety of weapons in the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trololololololololololo

PostSubject: Re: SPAS-12 shotgun   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Coincidence or not, i thought about this very same weapon idea today, well it was a different concept of a semi-auto SPAS-12 to go between the pump Shotgun and AA12, but i like your idea even more, because it really adds for having more accurate choices of weapons for different situations/maps while not being overpowered in any way or form, thus fitting better the style of each player, wich leads to happy players.

Would it have the same penetration as the current ones?

If its going to have a wider spread, then i supposed it should fire more pellets as well, the Hunting fire 6 pellets per individual shot (in real life thats classified as "000"Buckshot) and the Benelli fires 7 pellets with small spread wich i dont think it exists, it would be between the 000 (6 pellets) and 00 (8 pellets) buckshot.

Like i said, if it will wider spread it better have more pellets, like 9 for example (0 "ought"), but like in real life it would have fairly less penetration, the current penetration is huge thought.

Code:
Size                             Nominal diameter        Pellets/oz
TriBall (12 Ga.) <5>                 .60" (15.24 mm )       3/4 ounce per pellet
0000 ("quadruple-ought")             .38" (9.7 mm)           5
000 ("triple-ought")                 .36" (9.1 mm)           6
00 ("double-ought")                   .33" (8.4 mm)           8
0 ("ought")                           .32" (8.1 mm)           9
1                                     .30" (7.6 mm)           10
2                                     .27" (6.9 mm)           15
3                                     .25" (6.4 mm)           18
4                                     .24" (6 mm)             21

Will it have the same rate of fire of the benelli? i still think that some details can only be correctly fixed after its all done and testing it for ballance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(MOD)C_Gibby

PostSubject: Re: SPAS-12 shotgun   Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 am

It will have the same fire rate. If you've played the KF mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, I'd like to see the animation from the pumpshotty in-mod used for the SPAS-12 in retail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPAS-12 shotgun   

Back to top Go down

SPAS-12 shotgun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1